This is Us – Week #4
Theme: This is identity – “I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.”
Warm-Up Questions: If you could be anyone in the world, who would that be? Why?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Galatians 2: 19 – 21
- What does Paul say was the purpose of his dying to the law (verse 19)?
- Who does he say he is now and how did that happen (verse 20)?
- How important is it that we recognize all that Jesus did for us (verse 21)?
Read Galatians 3:23 – 29
- What does Paul say was true for all of us before Christ came (verses 23 – 24)?
- Of what can we be sure now that Christ has come (verses 25-27)?
- What is true then for all of us who are “in Christ Jesus” (verses 28-29)?
Read Galatians 5: 13 – 25
- What does Paul mean when he talks about our “opportunity” (verse 13)?
- Would you agree with Paul’s assertion as to the “whole law” (verse 14)?
- What does Paul warn against here that you might consider (verse 15)?
- How would you describe “living by the Spirit” (verse 16)?
- What does Paul say is true of the Spirit and the flesh (verses 17-18)?
- Of what does Paul warn his hearers that we can relate to in our day (verses 19-21)?
- How might knowing what the fruit of the Spirit is encourage you (verse 22-25)?
- What of all you learned about your identity in Christ encourages you most?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Heavenly Father, thank You that in Christ we are new creations, that our old lives
are gone and we now live in the reality of Christ living in us, the hope of glory.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.