WTL #2 – Transformation
Theme: Transformation– “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,”
Warm-Up Questions: What comes to mind when you hear that you must conform to some arbitrary standard of behavior?”
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Romans 12: 1- 8
- What does Paul beseech his listeners to do that appears to be so radical (verse 1)?
- What does Paul tell them to avoid and what does he then tell them to do (verse 2)?
- How does Paul recommend that they evaluate themselves (verse 3)?
- Using the analogy of the body, how does Paul say we should use our gifts (verses 4-8)?
Read Romans 12: 9 – 21
- What does Paul say here about how we should extend love to others (verses 9-10)?
- Which of the descriptive phrases that Paul uses is most challenging (verses 11-13)?
- How does Paul say we should act toward others in our lives (verses 14-16)?
- How should we handle any conflict when it arises among us (verses 17-21)?
Read Ephesians 4: 17 – 31
- How and why does Paul say we are no longer to walk as before (verses 17-19)?
- What is now true of us, who have learned Christ’s truth (verse 20-22)?
- Why is it important that we do what Paul says we are to do in the spirit of our minds (verse 23)?
- Having taken both of the last two actions, what are we then to do (verse 24)?
- What is the first thing Paul says for us to do as evidence of our transformation (verses 25-27)?
- How else can some of us show forth this new spiritual transformation (verses 28-31)?
- What of all you learned about our transformation in Christ encourages you most?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Almighty God, it is wonderful to realize that by the mighty power of Christ working in us,
You are allowing us to be transformed into His image as we fill our minds with Him.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.