WTL – # 6 – Generous
Theme: Generous –“So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.”
Warm-Up Questions: Who is the most generous person that you know? What is it about them that you would like to emulate in your life?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Proverbs 11: 24-26
- What is true as it relates to the amount one gives away (verse 24)?
- How does God reward the generous person (verse 25)?
- What is also promised to us if provide for those in need (verse 26)?
Read 2 Corinthians 9:5-16
- How does Paul describe the two different types of giving (verse 5)?
- What principle does Paul say God will follow as it relates to giving (verse 6)?
- What does Paul say God prefers as it relates to our giving (verse 7)?
- What then does Paul say will be true for those who give willingly (verses 8-9?
- How does Paul pray for his friends in Macedonia and for us (verses 10-11)?
- What else happens when we are blessed abundantly (verses 12-15)?
- How does the final affirmation relate to the rest of this passage (verse 16)?
Read Galatians 6: 6-10
- What are those who are taught God’s word encouraged to do (verse 6)?
- Of what does Paul remind the believers in Galatia (verses 7-8)?
- What is promised to us if we do not grow weary or lose heart (verse 9)?
- What does Paul say for us to be sure to do (verse 10)?
- What of all you learned about having a generous spirit encourages you most?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Almighty God, we are so thankful that You have blessed us with all the riches in Christ in the heavenly places; we ask that You enable us to be generous towards others.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.