Theme: Thanksgiving –“Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.”
Warm-Up Questions: What is the greatest gift (other than your salvation) that you have ever received? How did you express your appreciation?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read 2 Corinthians 4:14-16
- What two things are promised to us for which we should be thankful (verse 14)?
- How should we respond to the fact that God’s grace is reaching more people (verse 15)?
- What is also promised to us if persevere and do not lose heart (verse 16)?
Read 2 Corinthians 9:10-16
- How does Paul relate our abundance to the harvest of our righteousness (verse 10)?
- What does Paul say is one reason for our being so richly blessed (verse 11)?
- How does what we do doubly affect the recipients of our thankfulness (verses 12-16)?
Read Philippians 4: 5-7
- What does Paul say should be true of us, and why is this so (verse 5)?
- What should we do and not do as we present our needs to God (verse 6)?
- What is promised to us if we as we are told in this passage (verse 7)?
Read Philippians 4: 17-19
- What does Paul say about how he would like the credit to go (verse 17)?
- How does Paul describe the way the gifts are received by God (verse 18)?
- What is promised to the givers in return for their generosity (verse 19)?
- What of all you learned about living a thanks-filled life encourages you most?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Almighty God, we are so thankful that You have blessed us with all the riches in Christ in the heavenly places; we ask that You enable us to be generous towards others.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.