Within Reach: Closer Than You Think
February 21, 2018
Rev. Dr. Mark P. Zehnder, Lead Pastor
God transforms our lives through connection with each other as we gather around God’s word. In this study we explore how God want calls us to greater faith. The Leader shares a personal story illustrating Ephesians 3:20-21.
- Share a situation in your life which, at the time, felt as though you did not have enough faith.
- Read Ephesians 3:20-21
- What situation are followers of Jesus in, do you think, that is prompting the Apostle Paul to write these words?
- What does “immeasurably more than you can ask or imagine” mean to you?
- What does this tell you about your prayers? Might this make an impact on how or what you will pray? If so, how?
- Read Ephesians 2:8-10
- What do you think it means that we are saved by grace, through faith?
- Paul says that we are God’s workmanship? What does this mean to you?
- How does God prepare good works beforehand for you? What does it mean that we are to “walk in them?”
- This past week Pastor Mark mentioned a comment heard on the golf course that “90% of putts that don’t get to the hole, don’t go in.” He compared this to our prayers at times. What do you think he meant? Discuss
- Is there something that you don’t have that is within reach that might be closer than you think? If so, what might be your next steps to obtain it? If not, why not?
- Pastor Mark referenced how the adult elephant is trained at a young age to stay tethered to a rope and stake and for that reason does not know it has the power to break loose? Does this describe you in any way? What might be holding you back?
Each person share what or who they would like to pray for tonight. Then take turns going around the group praying for what was on your heart. If you would prefer not praying out loud, when it is your turn to pray, simple say, “Alleluia.”