|Week of February 24, 2019|
Small Group Weekly Bible Study
Breakthrough – 4 – “We passionately want each of you to demonstrate the same eagerness for the fulfillment of your hope until the end, so that you may encourage those who through faith and perseverance inherit the promises.”
Theme: Breaking Through by Perseverance – “Keep on, keepin’ on”
Warm-Up Questions: Recall a time in your life when you thought about quitting, but kept on and succeeded.
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Romans 5:1-5
- What did you notice about how we have been declared righteous (verse 1)?
- What do you have now that Jesus has paved the way for us (verse 2)?
- What do you think of Paul’s statement that suffering produces endurance (verses 3-4)?
- How does it work in your life, this concept of hope not disappointing (verse 5)?
Read Romans 6: 12-23
- What do you think Paul meant by sin no longer having mastery over you (verses 12-14)?
- How does it matter to whom we present our bodies (verses 15-16)?
- What is now true about our condition that makes perseverance possible (verses 17-20)?
Read I Corinthians 15:57-58
1. What does it mean to you that can you be assured of victory in Christ Jesus (verse 57)?
2. How can you appropriate for yourself the three things Paul gives here (verse 58)?
- How are breakthroughs in your life dependent on your perseverance?
- What can you do in your daily life to make breaking through part of your lifestyle?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, please give us the willingness to trust You as Jesus did so that we learn not to give up, but look to You to help us by faith to persevere to the end.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back, and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
Read 2 Peter 2:3-8.
How important to you is the assurance with which Peter begins this section (2 Peter 2:3-4)?
How would you say faith, excellence and knowledge can work together in your life (2 Peter 2:5)?
What effect do self-control, perseverance and godliness have on breaking through (2 Peter 2:6)?
How would you describe how brotherly affection and love work in your life (2 Peter 2:7)?
What is one thing that God promises He will do that you appreciate most (2 Peter 2:8)?
Share an experience that reflects how this progression has worked in your life.
Prayer: Father, give us the confidence in You that we pray a prayer of perseverance so that instead of letting go, we take hold and instead of giving in, we go forward by faith.