Small Group Weekly Bible Study
Breakthrough – 5 – “But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, …, made us alive together with Christ – by grace you are saved! – and He raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.”
Theme: Breaking Through – The Power of Withness
- If you could choose any famous person (not Jesus and not a family member) to spend the day with, who would it be and why?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Joshua 1: 1-9
- How do you suppose Joshua felt now that Moses was dead (verses 1-5)?
- When did your life experience relate to what Joshua may have been feeling (verses 6-7)?
- What relationship do you see between keeping God’s law and success (verse 8)?
- Why do you think God repeated His promise to Joshua a second time (verse 9)?
Read Matthew 19:23-26
- What do you think Jesus meant by His warning about getting into heaven (verses 23-24)?
- How is the disciples’ response to Jesus much like ours often (verse 25)?
- What do you think about what Jesus says makes it all possible (verse 26)?
- How are breakthroughs in your life dependent on God’s presence with you?
- What can you do in your daily life to make breaking through like this part of your lifestyle?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, please give us the eyes of faith to see You here with us, so that we can overcome all barriers by the power of the Holy Spirit working in us.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back, and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
Read Genesis 26:23-30.
How important to you is the assurance that God gave Isaac as he journeyed (Genesis 26:23-25)?
How would you say trusting God’s presence has worked in your life (Genesis 26:23-25)?
What effect did Isaac’s living in God’s presence have on those around him (Genesis 26:26-28)?
How would you describe how God’s withness could help with your witness (Genesis 26:29-30)?
Read Genesis 28: 15:10-15.
What is one thing that God promises He will do that you appreciate most (Genesis 28:10-15)?
Share an experience that reflects how God’s withness has worked in your life.
Prayer: Father, help us to grasp the full power that Your presence with us can have in our lives as we learn to depend on You being with us in all thing in Christ Jesus, our Lord.