Small Group Weekly Bible Study
Parables – 6 – “For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost… Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.”
Theme: Long Story Short – “God loves the Lost – You Should too.”
What was it that stood out to you from Pastor Mark’s sermon from Sunday morning?
Describe a time in your life when you realized you were lost and needed help.
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Matthew 28:16-20
- What is it in this section that might give you hope in times of doubt (verses 16-17)?
- Why do you think Jesus reminded the disciples of the extent of His authority (verse 18)?
- What relationship do you see between Jesus’ authority and disciple-making (verse 19)?
- How would you restate the assurance Jesus gives for success
Read John 10:11-16
- What did you notice about how Jesus describes Himself (verse 11)?
- Why do you think Jesus used the image of the hireling in his discourse (verses 12-13)?
- What do you think of Jesus’ statement that He was the “good shepherd” (verses 14-15)?
- Who do you think Jesus was referring to as the “other sheep” (verse 16)?
Read Acts 1:4-8
- What might the four different “places” refer to in your life (verse 8)?
- What are some of the impediments to carrying out Jesus’ command (verse 8)?
- How are you going to capitalize on Easter to extend yourself to someone this week?
- What can you do in your daily life to make seeking the lost part of your lifestyle?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, please give us the heart of Jesus, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross so that all who trusted in Him might be saved.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back, and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
Read 2 Timothy 1:8-12.
How important to you is it that you are not ashamed of the gospel (2 Timothy 1:8)?
What effect should the facts of the gospel have on your willingness to share Christ (2 Timothy 1:9)?
How would you say Jesus’ example can work to strengthen you in your life (2 Timothy 1:10)?
Why do you think Paul mentioned these three aspects of his ministry (2 Timothy 1:11)?
What is one thing that Paul emphasizes here that you appreciate most (2 Timothy 1:12)?
Share an experience when you overcame your fear of embarrassment to share Christ.
Prayer: Father, give us the confidence in You that we would overcome whatever holds us back from sharing what we have come to believe as Your love and truth revealed in Jesus.