It’s Personal – Week 2
“If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.”
Theme: Grace Upon Grace – Dealing with theLGBTQIA+ Community
Why do you suppose that God created as many different animals as He did?
What was most challenging for you from Pastor Mark’s message when you think
about living with people who claim to be believers whose lifestyle differs from yours?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Romans 3:20 – 23 – Sin’s Universal Presence
- What did Paul mean by stating that no one is made righteous by the law (verse 20)?
- Why do you think Paul states that righteousness has been disclosed (verse 21)?
- How do you respond to Paul’s saying there is no distinction before God as to sin (verse 22)?
- Why is it so difficult to accept this fact that we allhave sinned (verse 23)?
Read Romans 4:13-25 – God’s Singular Solution
- Why did Paul declare that faith, not works, is God’s absolute requirement (verses 13-15)?
- Why do you think we have difficulty believing this applies to everyone (verse 16)?
- How does this reference to Abraham apply to allof us who believe in Jesus (verses 17-24)?
- Why do you think Paul concludes this chapter with this reminder (verse 25)?
Read Romans 5:15-20 – Man’s Specific Response
- How would you restate Paul’s assertion concerning Jesus’ sacrifice (verses 15- 17)?
- What do you think Paul means by the reference to allpeople (verse 18)?
- Why does Paul shift to using “many” instead of “all” as he did before (verse 19)?
- What does it mean to you that “grace will reign through Jesus” (verse 20)?
- How might all this relate to you dealing with members of the LGBTQIA+ community?
- How are you going to let this concept of grace challenge your thinking this week?
- What can you do to make God’s call to be more loving a bigger part of your lifestyle?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, give us a fresh awareness of what it might mean for us to actually
extend grace to those around us whose lifestyle differs from the Biblical standard.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives
this week, using the questions on the back, and pray for one another about any personal concerns
or praises you have.
What is your immediate reaction to the Pastor Mark’s statement:
“God does not need you and me to defend His truth in the world.”
Read Romans 8:1-4.“There is therefore now no condemnation…”
Why do you think Paul reminds us of this fact when dealing with others?
Read Romans 8: 5-11.“Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.”
What do you think Paul means by his distinction between the flesh and the Spirit?
Read Romans 8:12-17. “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.”
How might you describe your life when you are being led by the Spirit?
Read Romans 8:37-39. “For I am convinced that (nothing) in all creation will be able
to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.?”
Why is internalizing this so important when you are dealing with those who differ from you?
Share about a time when you realized that “a man persuaded against his will, is of the same
Prayer: Father, help us to extend Your grace to all others in our world, so that we attract them
to You, especially those living lives different from ours.