It’s Personal – Week 4
“Now Jesus performed many other miraculous signs… these are recorded
so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that
by believing you may have life in his name..”
Theme: Miracles – Not God Showing Off, But God Showing Up!
What is the most amazing miracle you have ever heard or read about?
What was most challenging for you from Pastor Mark’s message when you think
about the miracles he has witnessed or experienced?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Joshua 24:16-18 – Miracles’ Purpose
- What did the people declare concerning their worship of Almighty God (verse 16)?
- Why do you think God performed the miracles He did for the people (verse 17)?
- What does it mean to you that God drove out the nations from the Promised Land (verse 18)?
- Why do you think it is difficult for most folks to respond as the people did (verse 18)?
Read Jeremiah 32:19-21 – Miracles’ Power
- How do you respond to what the prophet describes as God’s awesome power (verse 19)?
- Why do you think people still talk about God’s miracles in Egypt (verse 20)?
- Which of the two results mentioned here was the greater miracle (verse 21)?
- Why do you think we are reminded of all this when we think about miracles?
Read 1 Corinthians 12:27-29 – Miracles’ Presence
- How do you think you would have felt if you were a believer in Corinth (verse 27)?
- What do you think Paul means by “God has placed in the church” (verse 28)?
- Why do you think Paul used the image of members of the body as he did (verses 29-31)?
- What is one thing that you can take away from Paul’s comments regarding miracles?
- How are you going to let the existence of miracles challenge your thinking this week?
- Whatcan you do to make the reality of God’s miracles a bigger part of your lifestyle?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, give us a fresh understanding of what it might mean for us to actually
believe that Jesus wants to something miraculous in our lives, even today.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives
this week, using the questions on the back, and pray for one another about any
personal concerns or praises you have.
What is your immediate reaction to the Pastor Mark’s statement:
“When we are stretched by a miracle, we never return to our former dimension.”
Read John 11: 1-5. Lazarus’ Fatal Illness
Why do you think Jesus said what He did concerning His dear friend Lazarus?
Read John 11: 6-16. Jesus’ Delayed Response
What could Jesus have meant to accomplish by delaying His departure for Bethany?
Read John 11: 17-27. Martha’s Direct Greeting
How would you describe the relationship between Martha and Jesus?
Read John 11: 28-38. Mary’s Muted Response
What do you notice in the way Jesus interacts with Mary that differs from His time with Martha?
Read John 11: 39-44. Jesus’ Affirming Miracle
What do you find to be the most astonishing part of this final miracle Jesus performs?
Share about a time when you realized that you had truly witnessed a miracle in your life.
Prayer: Father, help us accept that You do still perform miracles today and that You call us to be
open to the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives that can only be explained as miraculous.