Extending the Vision
“I tell you the truth, whoever does not receive the Kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
Theme: A Child-like Dependence
What is the best gift you ever received as a child?
How well would you say you are at really letting yourself “live in the moment?”
What was most challenging for you from Mike White’s message on Sunday?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Romans 10:9-11. Results in Salvation
- What two aspects of dependence are stated by Paul for salvation (verse 9)?
- How do you describe what happens in the process of believing (verse 10)?
- Why do you think Paul used this quote from the Old Testament (verse 11)?”
Read Ephesians 5:1-4, 8. – Sign of Maturity
- Why is it important to see that you are God’s beloved child (verse 1)?
- What might be one of the specific ways you can live in love (verse 2)?
- How would the three specific things Paul mentions work to hinder you (verse 3)?
- Why do you think Paul included these three things as hindrances (verse 4)?
- How would you say light or darkness best describes your walk with Jesus (verse 8)?
Read Philippians 4:4-8. – Reflected in Prayer
- What do you think it might mean for you to rejoice in the LORD always (verse 4)?
- How would it look if your gentleness were to be known to everyone (verse 5)?
- What might it mean for you not to have any anxiety for anything (verse 6)?
- Where in your life could you use the peace of God to guard your heart and mind (verse 7)?
- Which of the things in this list might you add to your life this week (verse 8)?
- What is one thing that you can take away from these three Scripture passages?
- What can you do to make God’s call to be His representative a bigger part of your lifestyle?
- What was most challenging for you from Pastor Greg’s message on Sunday?
+ + +
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for showing us that You desire us to be like little children, totally
dependent on and rejoicing in You for all that we have and are in Christ Jesus, our Lord.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week,
using the questions on the back, and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
What is your immediate reaction to the following statement:
“If we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”
Read Luke 18:9-14. Jesus’ Introductory Parable.
How would you state what Jesus was trying to communicate about self-exaltation?
Read Luke 18:15. The People’s Request and the Disciples’ Restraint.
How would you contrast the way the people responded to Jesus’ presence and the way the disciples acted?
Read Luke 18:16a.Jesus’ Call and Commendation.
Why do you think Jesus called for the children to come to Him?
Read Luke 18:16b.Jesus’ Declaration and Kingdom Definition.
How might you describe the distinction Jesus was making about the Kingdom of God?
Read Luke 18:17. Jesus’ Emphasis and Explanation.
Why do you think Jesus added these words of explanation when describing the Kingdom?
Share about the most fun-filled time you recall having as a child/teenager.
Prayer: Father, help us to see that You desire us to be a congregation that embraces the
children among us and help us to enjoy You as freely as they do in their innocence. AMEN