Theme: Jesus and We
What was the best Christmas gift you’ve ever been given? What did you do with that gift?
When you or someone doesn’t understand the value of a gift…how does that make the giver of the gift feel?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Ephesians 1:1-14 | God’s choosing
- How important is it to know that you’re chosen? (verse 1, 4)
- Paul’s greets the Ephesians as saints, what does it mean to be called a saint? (verse 1) • “Saint”–Properly revered, worthy of veneration, set apart for God, to be as it were, exclusively His of sacrifices and offerings; clean. Pure, upright, holy.
- What authority does Paul claim to have, and who gave it to him? • See also 1 Corinthians 14:37; 2:10-16; Ephesians 3:305; 2 Corinthians 12:7-10
Redemption in Jesus
- What does ‘Bless’ mean in the Scriptures?
- Why does God deserve to be blessed by us, His creation? (See James 1:17)
- What does it mean to have every “spiritual” blessing in Christ?
Chosen for a purpose
- What does it mean to be chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world (verse 4,5)
- Do you think you can reject that choosing?
- What is God’s ultimate revealed will for His most loved creation?
- Knowing that you’re a saint…and chosen by God…how can you see yourself daily?
- What are some spiritual blessings that you have been given.
- If God does desire all to be saved…how can we see and treat every person?
- What was most challenging for you from Pastor Greg’s message when you think about what God has given to you as His child?
+ + +
Prayer: Lord Jesus, in your love and grace you chose us to spend eternity with you. Let us always remember that you speak well of us to the Father always, and may we always speak well and bless you to others.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back, and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
What is your immediate reaction to the Pastor Greg’s statement:
“We don’t live to die…We die to live”
Read John 17:20-23, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Romans 6:3,4, Galatians 3:26-27
What does it mean to be in Christ?
Read John 15:1-6, 2 Corinthians 6:14-18; 5:17; 1 John 1:3-7; 2:3-6, Ephesians 2:1-5, 11-22
Reading these passages, what can you deduce about the fellowship of humans with God (The HS specifically)
Read Ephesians 1:15-23 (Use ESV translation)
Notice in verse 15, “for this reason” which goes back to the summary of v 3-14, Since God rejoices in the blessings of His creation…what does Paul then do? How does the idea of one church on earth, reflect our blessings with one another.
Paul prays to God that He would bestow a spirit of wisdom and revelation upon the church
of Ephesus. What is that wisdom? What is the revelation?
How do we bestow the wisdom we have and the revelation we have upon others in ways
that are respectful and gentle?
Share about when God has brought you from Me to We…and vision what God is doing through the We of King of Kings to make an eternal impact
Prayer: Lord Jesus, you didn’t lead one into following you, rather you gathered 12…who gathered others, who traveled 2 by 2 into towns to share your work. Lead us to be a We many people who go into the world and share love. AMEN