Theme: Jesus and We
“Living on a Prayer”, “Jesus take the Wheel” as examples—If your faith is a song title, which is it?
How big is your faith on a scale of 1 to 10, why would you give that answer?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Mark 6:1-6 | Jesus is amazed
- Why do you think Jesus couldn’t do a mighty work there in his hometown?
- Why do you think our own pre-conceived notions get in the way of trusting Jesus?
- What role does faith and reason play together?
Read Luke 7:1-10 | Jesus is amazed
- Why does the Centurion send elders of the Jews? (Hint: Google Centurion)
- What display of faith does the Centurion show to Jesus?
- When Jesus marvels at this man’s faith…who does He compare it to? Why is this important? (think about the expectancy of Jesus)
Read Hebrews 11: 1-8 | Faithfilled Living
- Does faith have verifiable proof? What does verse 3 say about the creation of the world?
- Able was faithful with his gifts, Enoch was faithful with his life, Noah was faithful with his obedience, what are we called to be faithful with?
- What does it mean to have faith in Jesus, or faith alone?
- If you could pray about one thing that would change your life…what would it be?
- If you could pray about one thing that would change your future…what would it be?
- If you could pray about one thing that would change the world…what would it be?
- What’s stopping you from praying these things today and everyday?
Prayer: Lord Jesus, let us pray each and everyday for you to do the mighty in our midst. Let your answered prayers be even more than we comprehended, imagined, or even thought about.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can pray for one another beyond the physical, and greater into the spiritual. Pray with one another about things that only God can do, answer and fulfill.
Points to Ponder
“The daily sighs of the Christian, are the most tender prayers to our Father.”
“The fewer the words, the greater the prayer.” -Martin Luther
+ + +
What is your immediate reaction to Pastor Greg’s statement:
“The Opposite of faith is certainty”
Reading this chapter of Hebrews…what does it affirm in you about faith…what does it inspire in you about faith? What verse stuck out to you as you heard it?
Read Matthew 16:21-28
What was the faith that Jesus displayed in verses 21-23? What is the faith we are led to live out in verses 24-28?
Read 1 Peter 1:3-12
What is the goal of the faith that you have? What do you think it means to have your genuineness of your faith tested?
Discuss why, when Jesus returns, we will no longer need faith? And why, only Love will remain?
What are faith-filled, big thinking, honoring God steps you are going to take today for the WE of King of Kings?
Points to Ponder
“Your faith will not save you…It is Jesus alone who saves!”
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.” -Martin Luther
Prayer: Lord Jesus, you risked it all for us to have it all! May we be people who consistently pray…constantly walk by faith not by sight, and relentlessly pursue the God sized dreams you place before us. May our dreams and aspirations be pleasing to you as we depend upon you to fulfill them. Amen