Theme: Jesus and We
- Do you have an experience that moved Jesus from your head to your heart? What is it?
- What do you think breaks the heart of God?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Ephesians 4:1-7| We have unity as the Body of Jesus
- Paul encourages us to “Walk in a manner worthy of the calling which you have been called”, what do you think that manner is?
- What changes would happen if the entire Church would treat one another with humility and gentleness, patience and bearing with one another in love?
- When we walk as one body in Christ…in what way do we see other people in the body of Christ?
Read Ephesians 4:9-10 | Jesus came to us
- Why do you think it was important for Jesus to descend to earth…to become like one of us?
- When Jesus becomes human…does that make him more approachable as God?
- Knowing that God himself, has walked and gone through what we have gone through…what does that mean for you?
Read Ephesians 4:11-12 | Vocational Ministry
- What is the purpose of the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers?
- What is the work of ministry in your daily life?
- Who have you identified in your life as someone God has intentionally placed in your life to love like Jesus?
- Why do you think Jesus wants it to be easy to come to him?
- What is an easy thing you can do to easily share you’re a Jesus follower?
- What’s stopping you from becoming invested in the life of another who may need to know Jesus?
- What breaks God’s heart and is now breaking yours?
Prayer: Lord Jesus, let us pray each and everyday for you to do the mighty in our midst. Let your answered prayers be even more than we comprehended, imagined, or even thought about.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can pray for one another beyond the physical, and greater into the spiritual. Pray with one another about things that only God can do, answer and fulfill.
Points to Ponder
“We will not apologize for making Jesus easily accessible”
“When people meet us they meet Jesus, no matter where we are”
+ + +
What is your immediate reaction to Pastor Greg’s statement:
“As long as there are Christians in the workforce…God will be in the public square.”
Read Ephesians 4:17-24
When did Jesus become real for you…when did He move from your head to your heart?
Read Ephesians 4:25-32
How can you simply show up each day in your ‘home’, ‘work’, ‘life’ neighborhood, and share and show Jesus easily?
In the emotion of anger…Satan roams seeking for opportunities to devour…how can we turn our ‘righteous’ anger into a love for people? (think about worldly things that we know are not the will and ways of God)
How can you build someone up in your life through love…identify and share…who needs building up?
Review your social media…is it honoring to God? Is it honoring to another?
Points to Ponder
In the moments of hurt and heartache…who has God sent you as a comforter from him?
Easy opportunities to share Jesus…sometimes means it is not easy for us…how can you say yes to sharing Jesus, when it’s easier to say no?
Prayer: Lord Jesus, you have called us to step up and over to allow others to come home…to come in…give us opportunities to easily share your love…by prayer, care, and compassion. May we not be consumed by tasks, rather by love of people. Amen.