Invested – 1: “For you were bought at a price; therefore, glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
Theme: Setting Priorities – Optimum Use of White Space
- Mike White stated: “Small investments of time and effort yield great results.” What is your reaction to that statement?
- Growing up, what classes did you take or what sports did you play?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Malachi 3:8-10.
- What do you think was the basis for the question the people asked (verse 8)?
- Was the response they received from God what they expected (verse 9)?
- What practical thing were the people then told to do (verse 10)?
- Why is it so important that you be intentional about being generous?
Read Matthew 25:14-25.
- What was the key to how much each person received (verses 14-17)?
- What did the master say to the first two servants when he returned (verses 19-23)?
- How did the third servant’s actions reveal what was in his heart (verses 24-25)?
- Why is how you view or think about wealth important to your being generous?
Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-10.
- Why does Paul begin as he does with such a strong reminder (verse 6)?
- How does the process that Paul describes here actually work (verses 8-10)?
- How does the way you set your heart affect how generous you end up being?
- How are you going to reevaluate your thinking about generosity this week?
- What can you do to begin to make being generous a bigger part of your life?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, please help us to see how what we set our minds on affects how we can slip into scarcity thinking rather than being thankful for the plenty You have given us.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back, and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
+ + +
Pastor Greg said:
“It is difficult to let go and trust in that which we don’t know.”
“Generosity brings about a joy to share Jesus with those
who will be blessed simply because you loved them!”
What do you think he meant by either of these statements?
Read 2 Corinthians 9:11
What are you promised in return, if and when you are generous?
Read 2 Corinthians 9:12
Why do you think it is important how you do whatever it is you choose to do?
Read 2 Corinthians 9:13
How might your generous actions have a positive effect on those around you?
Read 2 Corinthians 9:14
What might be a result for you because of your generous actions?
Read 2 Corinthians 9:15
Why do you think Paul chose to end this passage in this way?
Share about a particular generous act that was done to you. What was the overall effect?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, guide us to so change our minds and hearts that we are intentional about how we generously use all that You have entrusted to us to bless others.