Be the Message – 4: “Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Theme: Grief and/or Gratitude?
- How do you respond to what Tyler Rohlfsen stated: “Even if your WHAT has been upended and your HOW has been upended, your WHY has not?”
- What is one other thing that stood out to you from his sermon?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Matthew 6:31-34. WHAT.
- What does Jesus say about the immediate future in our lives (verse 31)?
- Who does Jesus remind us takes responsibility for these things (verse 32)?
- Why does Jesus say we should pursue these things instead (verses 33-34)?
- How might some things going on in your life now remind you of these truths?
Read Philippians 4:6-9. HOW.
- How does Paul say we are to do so that we have no anxiety about anything (verse 6)?
- How do you think you can know that you are listening to God (verse 7)?
- Of what can you be sure if the Spirit of God is working in you (verses 8-9)?
Read 1 John 1:5-7. WHY.
- What message does John say he has received for us to hear (verses 5)?
- What does John say it is that should distinguish us from the world (verse 6?
- How would you restate the principle John states for us to live by (verse 7)?
- Where are you looking for God to work in the light in our present situation?
- How are you going to try to discover your personal WHY more actively this week?
- What can you do to let Tyler’s challenge become a more significant part of your life?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, guide our hearts so that we never lose sight of Your changeless why
for our lives in Christ, regardless of what happens or how things change.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
+ + +
Tyler Rohlfsen stated, “This season does not have to be a dread. Don’t settle for the low bar, an inward purpose that terminates on yourself. Decide that you will look different; then you can look back and see God’s hand of faithfulness.” How do you respond to this statement?
- Read Galatians 5:22-23– “Identify”
Which aspect of the fruit of the Spirit is the most attractive to other people?
- Read Mathew 18:19-20 – “Include”
Why do you think Jesus reminds us of His presence when we are gathered together?
- Read John 4:35-37 – “Invite”
Why do you think Jesus reminded the disciples of the condition of the fields?
- Read Hebrews 10:22-25 – “Inspire”
How do you think having this mindset would change the way you inspire others?
Share how you might look for opportunities to apply these truths in your life.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, show us a new way to look at all we are experiencing so that we do not see only grief over the past, but rather, in Jesus, see all through eyes of gratitude.