Things Jesus Never Said – 4: For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.”
Theme:Your Best Life Now
How do you respond to what Pastor Greg stated: “Our experience actually exposes our expectations?” What is one thing that stood out to you from his sermon?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
We Christians live with targets on our backs
Read Romans 6:3-5. Baptism: Receiving the Target.
- What does Paul say happened at our baptism (verse 3)?
- What is most significant to you about being united with Jesus (verse 4)?
- Why do you think Satan would be opposed to your understanding of this (verse 5)?
Read 1 Peter 5:8-10. Confirmation: Confirming the Target.
- Why is it so significant that Peter uses the image of a lion (verse 8)?
- What specifically are you told to do and why (verse 9)?
- How and what does Peter say we will experience as a result (verse 10)?
Read 1 Peter 3:6-8. Marriage: Constantly Experiencing the Target.
- Why do you suppose Peter uses the example of Sarah (verse 6)?
- How does understanding help husbands dwell with their wives (verse 7)?
- What is the benefit of being of one mind with one’s spouse (verse 8)?
Read Psalm 49:16-20. Family Generations: Future Exposure to the Target.
- Why do you suppose the Psalmist refers to the rich person (verses 16-17)?
- What is true about all who are well off in this life (verses 18-19)?
- How is what the Psalmist says true about our lives now (verse 20)?
- How are you going to apply one of these four truths to your life this week?
- What can you do this week to let God’s word transform the way you do life?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, open our eyes to see that You wish for us all to come to the realization that what we have now is temporary, but You want us to focus on the eternal to come.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
+ + +
Pastor Greg stated, “Jesus promises you your best life next…and forever—Amen.”
What do you think Jesus meant by this?
The Best Life is Yet to Come
- Read John 16:33 – The Basic Assurance
What two things do Jesus promise will be true for us who are His disciples?
- Read John 17:15 – The Constant Assurance
Why did Jesus not ask the Father to take us out of the world?’
- Read Hebrews 12:1– The Crowd of Witnesses
How would you describe the crowd of witnesses you have in your life?
- Read James 1:12– The Solid Guarantee
What does James say is promised to those who persevere through trials?
- Read Revelation 3:10-12– The Final Resolution
What does Jesus Himself promise to those who stand firm until the end?
Share an incident from your own life where you felt the opposition from the enemy.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, help us to choose to persevere to the end, not being willing to opt for the fleeting pleasures of this life now, but to look forward to Your glorious future.